High Performance Building Council
The High Performance Building Council of the Triangle (formerly the Green Home Builders of the Triangle) is a joint program of the HBA of Durham, Orange and Chatham Counties and the HBA of Raleigh-Wake County.
Our green building program was launched in 2006 with the primary purpose of promoting building techniques and materials that produce homes which consume less energy and other resources, facilitate better indoor air quality, and provide a more durable product requiring less maintenance.
MISSION & PURPOSE
Be of Service
- Would you like to increase quality and decrease callbacks? We are here with tried and true building science strategies for all home types.
- Looking for colleagues and partners with high-performance products and experience? Network at our month meetings!
- Need support for your sales teams on green and high-performance? Check out our resources and sales training workshops.
- Want to promote your high-performance homes? Join our High-Performance Home Tour!
Provide Quality, Science Based Information
- Our monthly meetings are education focused, pulling from local, regional and national experts with field experience and data-backed strategies that increase performance, resiliency, and sustainability of your homes.
Support Builder Continuing Education Requirements with High Performance Building Education
- We are dedicated to bringing you continuing education that benefits your business and your building product. Be the first to know of CE approved high-performance building opportunities.
SUPPORT, LEARN & IMPLEMENT WITH US.
Virtual 2021 Meetings
- January 2021: Path to Net Zero: Solar
- February 2021: HPBC/PWB Share the Love
- March 2021: Path to Net Zero: The Building Envelope
- April 2021: Green Appraisals
- September 2021: Path to Net Zero: Designing & Building Zero-Energy Homes
The 18th annual Spring Green Home Tour will take place April 30 - May 1 & May 7-8, 2022, Noon - 5 pm. It will be a hybrid tour consisting of in-person home tours & virtual tours.
Join our Green Tour Interest List to get email updates closer to the event dates.
Select a Video Topic
2021 Board of Directors
Scott Jansen - Chair MPI Foam
Randy Lanou - Builder Director BuildSense
Kurt Mueller - Vice Chair New Vista Homes
Clare Iannotta - Associate Director Sherwin-Williams
David Fitch - Associate Director Fitch Lumber & Hardware Co.
Jamie Hager - Past Chair Southern Energy Management